ON-CAMERA AUDITION CLASSES
I am a teacher at Annie Grindlay Studio. All Classes are hosted there.
This class is taught at Annie Grindlay Studio
Instructor: Jo-Ann Pantoja
Class time: Saturdays 11AM-2:30PM
Number of students: 12-15 participants
Class format: On-going- Meets 4 times a month
WHAT TO EXPECT...
Four classes per month, time will be divided as follows:
Week One: Focus- Drama 40 minute preparation technique sides are given the day of. On-Camera
Week Two: Focus- Drama, work on prepared sides given 48 hours ahead of time in a simulated on-camera casting session.
Week Three: Focus- Comedy 40 minute preparation technique sides are given the day of. On-Camera.
.Week Four: Focus- Comedy, work on prepared sides given 48 hours ahead of time in a simulated on-camera casting session.
AT A GLANCE...
1) Get your focus away from “booking the job” and start living in the truth of the story. Learn to re-define yourself as the storyteller, not the “reader of lines.”
2) Get your attention off yourself and onto the other person. Find the gems of what compels you to speak living in “their dialogue” not yours. Remember, as human beings we react from what we HEAR, not what we say.
3) Pacing: These days shows are faster paced and you must keep up in the audition room. Learn what needs to be memorized and when you can use your page.
4) Environment: Give yourself a situation to live in. Your choice, to live in a room at Paramount trying to impress the producers, or live in the rich and enticing environment where the story takes place.
5) Physicality: What to do when you are required to drive a car, shoot a gun, perform open heart surgery during your audition. This always trips actors up. Learn what to do and how to do it.
6) Sit-com: Here is the only place where we get technical. Comedy is all about the rhythm, it’s like a dance. If you change the words or the punctuation you change the music. Learn how to use your physical life to “play the music”, how to find and execute reversals and how to determine the funniest point of view.